Landis+Gyr Releases Power Center 4.0
Upgrades improve flexibility and performance of load management system
ATLANTA, GA. – June 3, 2015 – Landis+Gyr, the global leader in energy management solutions, announced the release of Power Center 4.0, the company’s operating software for demand response and load management applications.
Version 4.0 delivers an enhanced user experience for utility users and their customers. Updates to the dashboard provide a concise view of system-wide and group level available load, system and device alarms, and cycling strategies for controlled appliance. The Home Energy Manager interface used by consumers to schedule and adjust participation in load events also received updates allowing more user control. The release is available for programs operating on either Gridstream® or cellular networks.
“New dashboard screens and control settings in Power Center make it easier for utility operators to access information and make decisions before, during and after a conservation event,” said Clark Pierce, Vice President and General Manager of Advanced Load Management at Landis+Gyr.
Key features of Power Center version 4.0 include:
- Alarm reporting from end-devices and the system are visible in the dashboard to assist troubleshooting.
- More options for the utility to opt-out customers. Utilities can define opt-out time windows for appliances controlled on a Gridstream network, and then opt-out customers from critical events.
- Ability to determine cycling strategies by device type for Gridstream devices, allowing thermostats and switches at the same residence to use different cycling patterns.
- A new “hold” mode for Gridstream-enabled thermostats that consumers can set from the Home Energy Manager portal and mobile application. This allows consumers to retain the current settings indefinitely.
- In-application reporting allowing utility users to access detailed information on conservation events.
- Improved peak-time system performance to better manage a large number of devices in a single conservation event.
Power Center allows utilities to operate a virtual peak plant by aggregating a large number of loads into a dispatchable resource. Home Energy Manager provides a web portal and mobile application for consumers to schedule and adjust device settings remotely, as well as opt out of control events.
Landis+Gyr is the leading global provider of integrated energy management products tailored to energy company needs and unique in its ability to deliver true end-to-end advanced metering solutions. Today, the Company offers the broadest portfolio of products and services in the electricity metering industry, and is paving the way for the next generation of smart grid. With annualized sales of more than US$1.5 billion, Landis+Gyr, an independent growth platform of the Toshiba Corporation (TKY:6502) and 40% owned by the Innovation Network Corporation of Japan, operates in 30 countries across five continents, and employs 5,500 people with the sole mission of helping the world manage energy better.
Dan Jacobson | Regional Contact North America